As I recently discovered WordPress.com has a pretty neat sharing service support. It essentially adds a bunch of social network links to the bottom of your pages. Which makes a lot of sense, because every content provider (e.g. a blogger) would like their content to be spread to the world and what better way to archive this than by giving the user the means to easily share something they like or find interesting.
One problem though. Since I am a free software advocate and suppose that you, my readers, are too, I prefer Identi.ca (which is using a free software microblogging software) over Twitter. Yet WordPress.com does not have a share button for Identi.ca…
What a shame! A fixable one though, as one can add own services.
How to do that:
- Get a 16×16 version of the Identi.ca icon. I personally like the one used in Gwibber (in lack of an Oxygen icon ;))
- Go to Media → Add New
- Upload the Identi.ca icon and note its URL
- Go to Settings → Sharing
- Click on ‘Add a new service’
- Enter ‘Identi.ca’ as service name
- As sharing URL use the following
- Add the URL of your icon from 3.
- Click on ‘Create Share’
- Now simply drag it to your shares and you are done.